The community has registered a Charity as Scottish Charity Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) by the OSCR Scottish Charity Regulator. The Charity is not the same with the Parish but will support the Parish activities as long as the they are within the Charity objectives (listed below). A great advantage for a registered Charity is that allows us to recover the tax paid for you donations as well as other ways of funding (see Funding).
The Charity name is "The Romanian Christian Orthodox Church "Saints Joachim and Anna" in Aberdeen and the Charity Number is SC046723.
- Providing and promoting the provision of information and support for people of Romanian origin in Scotland.
- Promoting the inclusion of people of Romanian origin in the civil life of Scotland.
- Promoting opportunities for people in Scotland to be exposed to the Romanian arts and culture.
- To provide the means for the Romanian Christian Orthodox Church to practice the Orthodox faith, in particular.
- To support the organization of religious, cultural and philanthropic activities according to Scottish Law and the traditions of the Christian Orthodox Church.
- To provide the means for the education of the public in the Christian Orthodox faith and Romanian culture and language.
- To provide a diverse community under the Christian Orthodox Patriarchates comprised of Scottish, English, Greek, Russian, Serbian, and Romanian and of many other people. An important aim of our community is sharing our cultural heritage and welcoming all those from whatever background who wish to enter into the worshipping life of Christian Orthodox Church.